The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Programming and Systems Analysis Level I provides an exploration of different computer language and technical skills. The CCL includes, but is not limited to the following: operating systems, local area networks, business communication, team roles, and dynamics. A Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Programming and Systems Analysis Level II, Certificate of Completion (CCL) in iOS App Development and an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Programming and Systems Analysis are also available.
DetailsImportant information you’ll need when applying for admission:
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses required within the program.
Consultation with an Academic Advisor is recommended for course selection.
Courses within any of the following prefixes must be taken within five (5) years prior to completion of the program to be applied toward this award: AIM, BPC, CIS, CLD, CNT, CSC, ITS, and MST.
This program replaces:
CCL/5084 Software Development
CCL/5207 Computer Programming
- Analyze business requirements using critical thinking skills. (CIS105, CIS133DA, CIS150, CIS15AB, CIS166++, GBS151, CIS156, CIS159, CIS162++, CIS163AA, CIS165++)
- Use computer systems and networks in a responsible and ethical manner. (CIS105, GBS151)
- Design, develop and implement database solutions to effectively manage data. (CIS119DO, CIS276DA, CIS276DB)
- Develop and implement well-structured computer programs that solve business problems. (CIS150, CIS15AB, CIS156, CIS159, CIS162++, CIS163AA, CIS165++)
- Utilize the software development lifecycle for application development. (CIS150, CIS15AB, CIS166++, CIS156, CIS159, CIS162++, CIS163AA, CIS165++)
- Test and debug computer programs. (CIS150, CIS15AB, CIS159, CIS162++, CIS163AA, CIS165++)
- Leverage the functions and architecture of an operating system to achieve business objectives. (CIS105, CIS126DL, CIS126RH, MST150++)
- Communicate professionally in formal and informal situations to diverse audiences. (CIS133DA, CIS166++)
- Write effective documentation according to industry standards.(CIS133DA, CIS150, CIS15AB, CIS166++, CIS156, CIS159, CIS162++, CIS163AA, CIS165++)
- Collaborate effectively with diverse teams. (GBS151)
- Apply an understanding of characteristics and principles of business processes to software application development. (GBS151, CIS133DA, CIS150, CIS15AB, CIS166++, CIS156, CIS159, CIS162++, CIS163AA, CIS165++)
- Design web-based applications using client-side and server-side scripting. (CIS133DA, CIS166++)
- Develop a project scope while considering factors such as customer requirements, project costs, return on investment, and internal/external business objectives. (GBS151, CIS133DA, CIS150, CIS15AB, CIS166++, CIS156, CIS159, CIS162++, CIS163AA, CIS165++)
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems||3|
|CIS119DO||Introduction to Oracle: SQL (3) OR|
|CIS276DA||MySQL Database (3) OR|
|CIS276DB||SQL Server Database (3)||3|
|CIS126DL||Linux Operating System (3) OR|
|CIS126RH||Red Hat System Administration I (3) OR|
|MST150++||Any Microsoft Windows course (3)||3|
|CIS133DA||Internet/Web Development Level I||3|
|CIS150||Programming Fundamentals (3) OR|
|CIS150AB||Object-Oriented Programming Fundamentals (3)||3|
|CIS166++||Any Web Scripting course(s)||3|
|GBS151||Introduction to Business||3|
|Select a programming language from below that best aligns with academic and professional goals (1 course for a total of 3 credits) in one of the following areas:|
|CIS156||Python Programming: Level I (3) OR|
|CIS159||Visual Basic Programming I (3) OR|
|CIS162++||Any C Programming: Level I course (3) OR|
|CIS163AA||Java Programming: Level I (3) OR|
|CIS165++||Any Mobile Application Development course (3)||3|
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.