Inventory & Property Control
All equipment that is purchased and received by Phoenix College is processed and recorded. The department ensures that all capital and non-capital equipment and goods are accounted for and appropriate records are maintained in compliance with Maricopa Community Colleges, State, and Federal regulations. The department maintains and safeguards the campus assets through:
- Proper tagging of all equipment and goods that are received on campus.
- Maintaining records of all tagged equipment in the Financial Management System (FMS). There are two types of capital asset tags: copper and silver. For detailed information regarding MCCCD’s capitalization guidelines, please refer to https://maricopa.sharepoint.com/sites/DO/business/FSC/fsc-departments/ca...
- Conducting a regularly scheduled inventory of all capital assets, per the District Office’s timetable. Results are later compared to the data from the Fixed Asset System that is maintained by the District Capital Asset Accounting department.
- Providing guidance to campus personnel on issues pertaining to the approved administrative rules and regulations for accurate and timely property control practices and procedures such as:
- Surplus Property
- Tagging & Inventory
- Equipment/Furniture Moves
Meet the staff in Property Control! Please call if you have any questions for us or about our services. We look forward to helping you!
Priscilla Gonzales, Property Materials Manager
Rose Gilbert, Property Materials Specialist
Pacific Office Automation