S-STEM ASAP Program
About the Academic Success and Professional Development (ASAP) Program
Phoenix college seeks to recruit students who are pursuing degrees in the field of computer science, engineering, and related STEM fields that lead to potential engineering careers.
S-STEM scholarship recipients will receive financial support and be assigned a faculty mentor who will: provide advising and create an individual education plan, provide community learning/internship opportunities, and provide academic support to ensure satisfactory progress in their courses and goals.
Each scholarship recipient will receive a one-semester award of $1,100.
How do I qualify for the S-STEM ASAP scholarship?
In order for a student to qualify for a scholarship award, you must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be a US Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Aliens admitted as Refugees
- Enrolled full-time student
- Be ean entering or continuing student at Phoenix College
- Be a student taking engineering or related STEM courses that may lead to an engineering career
- Enrolled for MAT 151 or higher mathematics classes
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Financial Need as established by FAFSA
“Only those with a lawful presence in the US may qualify for MCCCD scholarships or federal financial aid. Any information you provide about your legal status when you apply for financial aid or scholarships may be subject to mandatory reporting to federal immigration authorities under AZ law.”
What are the expectations of the S-STEM ASAP scholarship?
Each scholarship recipient is expected to:
- Participate in student orientation
- Meet with faculty mentor a minimum of 3 times during the semester
- Develop an individual education plan with mentor
- Maintain full-time status (12 or more credit hours) and cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
S-STEM ASAP Application Materials
- Application Packet (forms available in the Physical Sciences Dept. C330)
- One-page personal statement that includes the following:
- Two (2) letters of recommendations addressing student's potential for success with one being from an instructor
- Personal Statement describing academic/career goals, reasons for the goals, specific objectives to meet the goals, the perceived value of the S-STEM ASAP scholarship program, academic and other accomplishments, special skills, community service, leadership potential, the applicant’s ability to overcome obstacles, and family’s educational background
- Unofficial Transcript
How do I get more information?