International Credential Evaluation Agencies
It is the student’s responsibility to check with the Maricopa County Community College he or she is applying to and find out if XYZ Agency’s evaluation will be accepted. If unsure of where to start:
- First select an agency that is a member of NACES (website – www.naces.org/members)
- Next contact Admissions and Records Office of the Maricopa College you are applying to and find out if that agency’s evaluation will be accepted.
The Maricopa Community College District accepts foreign transcript evaluations from members of the National Associate of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) as part of the evaluation process. However, the result of a foreign transcript evaluation does not guarantee that transfer credits will be awarded or applied toward the degree the student is pursuing.
If it is the student’s intent to transfer to another university or educational institution after completing coursework with any of the Maricopa County Community Colleges, we strongly recommend speaking with the university or educational institution regarding the use of any or all agencies. The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not be held responsible for the transferability of the evaluations conducted by any or all agencies listed above.
- Professional evaluations must be done for the purpose of Education and Course-by-Course.
- Official academic records in the native language along with the certified English translations are also required in addition to the official professional evaluation.
- Official professional evaluations do not take the place of official academic records or the English translations.
- If the professional evaluation agency includes academic records they used to complete their evaluation and indicates that the evaluation was based on official or authenticated records, we may accept those documents as official.
It is recommended by the MCCCD to obtain the certified English word-for-word translation from an agency or translator listed with the American Translators Association. The MCCCD does not recommend any one agency or translator over another. If it is the student’s intent to transfer to any of the state universities/colleges after completing course work with any of the Maricopa County Community Colleges, we strongly recommend speaking with the university/college regarding the use of any or all agencies or translators. The MCCCD will not be held responsible for the translation conducted by any or all agencies or translators listed.
American Translators Association
Online Directory: http://www.atanet.org/onlinedirectories/individuals_tabs.php
· Click on Translator Search
· Enter - Language From
· Enter - Language Into (English)
· Enter in Zip Code and
· Click on Search
This online directory will pull up all translators in the immediate area and you may select one on the list of your choosing.
- All official English word-for-word translations must be certified by a professional translator and include the translator’s signature/stamp and (if appropriate) be issued on the translation companies’ letterhead.
- In some instances, the issuing institution may issue the official academic record in English or may provide an official English word-for-word translation in addition to issuing the official academic record in the native language upon the request of the student.