Maricopa Emergency Management System Alert

Transfer Students

Thank you for your interest in attending Phoenix College!  The following information is for applicants who are already in a valid F-1 status and are transferring from a U.S. institution to Phoenix College. Please submit the required documents to the International Education Program in the Hannelly Center. If you need assistance, email us at:

The Admissions Process Requirements

1. Complete the International Student Information Form.       
     (Download the International Student Application/Information Form)

2. Show Proof of English Proficiency.  Choose either:

  • TOEFL - A minimum score on the Internet base test (IBT) -  score of 61, or Paper based test (PBT) – score of 500
  • IELTS - A minimum score of 5.5

Admission to the PC English as a Second Language Program:

Choose one from the following:

  • TOEFL: Internet base test (IBT) – score of 23, or Paper based test (PBT) -  score of 400
  • IELTS: Overall Band score below 5

At least 6 (six) years of English language instruction as shown on school transcript(s)

3. Submit Your Official Transcripts.

  • High School Transcripts – Secondary School or Certificate of Graduation in English.
  • College Transcripts – All college or university you have attended.  

NOTE: Only an original transcript with English translation for high school transcripts, translated by a certified translator is acceptable.  Translation with an evaluation for college and university transcripts. List of translators in the USA

4. Provide Evidence of Financial Support.

  • A minimum of $20,350 in U.S. currency per year plus any dependent fees (additional $5,000 for the first dependent and $2,500 per additional dependent).
  • Applicants who plan to live with a friend or family member in the United States may complete the Affidavit of Support. Provide a Photocopy of the Identification Page of Your Current Passport.

5. Provide Photocopy of all Prior I-20’s

6. Provide Photocopy of Visa from Passport

7. PC Student Transfer Form

Student must complete the top half of the PC F-1 Student Transfer Form and submit it to the International Education Program at your current school.   Once completed, it needs to be faxed to (602) 285-7578 or scanned and emailed to: