Become a Student
- Create MEID Account and Apply for Admission: maricopa.edu/admissions
- Submit proof of identification and residency to Admissions, Records & Registration
Take the Placement Test
- Take CELSA exam to evaluate your skill level (Testing Services, Hannelly Center, Lower Level)
- The CELSA exam is a multiple choice test consisting of 75 questions. The test includes grammar and comprehension skills.
- A picture ID is required to take the test.
- The CELSA exam is scheduled to take two hours. You must arrive at least two hours before closing to take the test.
Seek Academic Advisement
- Meet with ESL advisor (ESL/English Departmental, International Education Program, General Advising)
- Attend New Student Orientation (maricopa.edu/new-student-orientation)
Register for Classes
- Register: maricopa.edu/register
- Visit International Education Programs for help
Pay Tuition and Fees
- Explore payment options: maricopa.edu/paying-for-college
- Need financial aid? Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA); Enrollment Services staff in Hannelly Center can help
- Payment is due thirty (30) days before the first class date
- Payment can be made online through the Student Center or in person at Student Business Services