- Evaluation guides every decision making process by asking the question, "How does this improve and support learning?"
- The evaluation culture assesses the effects of our actions to improve our decisions and accountability.
- We actively seek solutions and provide direction in a simple, efficient, inclusive, and forward-looking manner guided by the results.
- We communicate expectations required at all levels of the institution by choosing common vocabulary, clear language, and open dialogue.
- Expectations and roles/responsibilities of learners are straightforward and consistent.
- Understanding the perceived message is the responsibility of all communication participants.
- A shared vision for a learning and learner-centered college is cooperatively constructed by the institution, the community it serves, and the partners to whom the institution is accountable.
- Strong partnerships promote shared vision, strengthen efforts for learner success, and create innovation through multiple perspectives.
- Collaborative environments allow individuals to be influential at all levels including the classroom.
- Learners are responsible for their learning.
- Learning facilitators work to create physical, social, cultural, and academic learning settings that support success for all learners.
- We strive for sustainable learning environments and effective and efficient use of resources.
- Learners enhance their understanding of social and civic responsibility and adopt a global perspective.