Honors Achievement Award for Continuing Students
By applying to the Honors Program, a student also applies for the Honors Achievement Award that is available to students who complete the following eligibility requirements:
- Have 12 graded credits completed in courses numbered 100 or above within the Maricopa Community College District
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher (only MCCD GPA counts for this requirement)
- Fill out the Honors Program Application
*Note: Only those with a lawful presence in the U.S. may qualify for MCCCD scholarships or federal financial aid. Any information you provide about your legal status when you apply for financial aid or scholarships may be subject to mandatory reporting to federal immigration authorities under AZ law. This does not apply to applications for the private scholarship funds held in and distributed by the Maricopa Community Colleges Foundation. For more information please visit http://www.maricopa.edu/residency (Arizona Immigration Law Facts HB2008.)
To remain active in the program and retain your Honors Achievement Award, you must
- Successfully complete an Honors course during the semester in which an award is received.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.25 or higher. All MCCD coursework completed is included in the cumulative GPA.
- Enroll in and complete six or more credits per semester for funding.
- Complete required co-curricular activities as defined by the Honors Program.
- Participate in mandatory Honors Orientation at the beginning of the first semester.