To be eligible to apply
- Student must enroll at PC in the academic year (2 academic semesters) following your secondary education program requirements without having enrolled in another college or university before enrolling in a Maricopa County College (summer session excluded).
- All secondary schools/education must have a Maricopa County presence.
- Student must qualify for financial assistance under AZ HB2008 (legal US citizens or lawful US presence).
- An official transcript (post-graduation) must be turned into the Admission & Records immediately after High School graduation. Home school students must have the administrator of their school create an Official High School Transcript. (see Honors web page for details).
- Completion of a secondary education program in Maricopa County (including NCA-accredited, charter, private, religious high schools, homeschool), with a final, unweighted, GPA of 3.25 or higher.
Required Application Materials
- An official final semester transcript must be sent via U.S. mail to Admissions & Records, 1202 W Thomas Rd, AZ 85013. It must be impressed and sealed by the secondary educational institution and show your graduation date, class rank (if applicable), and final cumulative GPA.
- Your scholarship cannot be awarded until your final transcript or applicable documents have been received
Probation and Termination
- As a Presidents’ Honors Scholar whose cumulative Maricopa GPA, including ALL credits, falls below 3.25 but above 3.0 at the end of the first semester only, will be placed on probation. The student must raise the cumulative Maricopa GPA to 3.25 prior to beginning the 3rd semester. If a student does not attend and report on at least 2 co-curricular events per semester, you will forfeit your Presidents' Honors Scholarship.
- Students will not be eligible for renewal of the scholarship if their cumulative Maricopa GPA, including ALL credits, is below 3.0 at the end of the 1st, 2nd or 3rd semester, they fail to complete their Honors coursework of a sufficient number of credit hours, do not complete the minimum number of required co-curricular activities, or maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- To graduate as an Honors Program Graduate, a student must be eligible to graduate from the college and must meet the additional requirements that include a 3.5 MCCCD cumulative GPA, completion of 15 credit hours in Honors coursework and co-curricular activities as defined by the PC Honors Program.
- Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. A lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in the career and technical education programs of the college.
- The Maricopa Community Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities. For Title IX/504 Concerns, call the following number to reach the appointed coordinator: (480) 731-8499. For additional information, as well as a listing of all coordinators within the Maricopa College system, visit the following weblink:https://district.maricopa.edu/consumer-information/non-discrimination-statements