For Your Safety & Comfort
We foster and healthy and fun environment that welcomes people of all ages, races, cultures, and identities. Likewise, we support the exercise goals of people who have varying fitness levels and abilities. We ask that all members, class participants, and visitors remain considerate at all times.
Fitness Center Staff & Instructors
Please respect the guidance of staff and instructors, who are working to maintain a safe and orderly environment. Instructors are given final judgment for the appropriateness of apparel worn inside the Center, and during classes.
Review the Guidelines
Please read the below policies, which are intended to provide consistent guidelines for anyone who uses the Fitness Center.
Phoenix College Fitness Center Guidelines
Clothing should be comfortable and conducive to exercise, and not restrict your movement
- Acceptable: Athletic shirts with short- or long- sleeves (T-shirts) and sweatshirts.
- Unacceptable: Cut off sleeves on shirts, muscle shirts, tank tops, halter tops, sports bras, half-shirts, rubber/plastic suits or anything revealing the abdomen.
- Acceptable: Athletic shorts, sweats, running tights, track suits, and warm-ups.
- Unacceptable: cutoff shorts, casual pants and shorts, jeans, street clothes, slacks, belts or clothes with exposed rivets or zippers.
Athletic shoes must be worn to exercise. Proper shoes help prevent foot and leg problems and make exercise more fun. We also recommend wearing cotton athletic socks.
- Acceptable: Fully enclosed athletic shoes, cross trainers, tennis shoes, aerobic shoes, walking shoes, hiking shoes/boots or jogging/running shoes.
- Unacceptable: Open toe or heel shoes, sandals, thongs, work boots, dance slippers,aqua-shoes, heels, work boots, penny loafers or shoes with cleats.
- Only bottled water or clear plastic containers with water are allowed to be carried in the Fitness Center.
- Sport or protein drinks must be in clear containers and must remain on the counter.
- No food (including gum) is allowed in the Fitness Center and Group Exercise floor.
- Please use towel or gym wipes to clean exercise equipment after use.
- Students are expected to maintain proper hygiene while using the Fitness or Group Exercise Center.
- No towels are provided; please bring your own.
- Lockers are available for day use only in the Fitness Center. Please do not change clothes in the restrooms.
- We are not responsible for personal items brought into the Fitness or Group Exercise Center. Use the lockers in the Fitness Center to store any valuables/personal items.
- All members must present their Phoenix College ID card to gain access to the Fitness and Group Exercise Center. ID cards are collected for check-in and returned when you checkout.
- If you do not have your ID card, you will not be allowed to use the facility.
Already a member, and interested in exercising with a friend?
Guest Passes are available for a fee. Please see the instructor on duty in the Fitness Center.
- It's important to ask for directions, or a demonstration, before using new equipment.
- When using the Free Weights, use collars on all weights. If you need a “spotter” ask an instructor for assistance.
- Please report any equipment that is malfunctioning or broken to the instructor.
Youth ages 16+ are able to use the Fitness Center with parent permission.
Youth ages 13-15 are able to use the Fitness Center under the following conditions:
- The Fitness Center is a college classroom and atmosphere
- The Fitness Center/PC/MCCCD are not responsible for babysitting, supervising, or watching minors
- The parent or legal guardian is responsible for supervising the child the ENTIRE time.
- If the parent or legal guardian cannot supervise the child the entire time in a way that does not impede other members from using equipment or space, then membership at the Fitness Center for the kids is not a good fit, and membership will be terminated.
- Youth under the age of 13 are not permitted to use the Fitness Center.