The Phoenix College Senior Wellness Program is a comprehensive program designed to help individuals remain healthy. The goal of the program is to work toward and maintain an optimal level of fitness through supervised exercise training and education.
There are two specialized senior programs:
- Cardiac Rehab (Phase III)
Cardiac Rehab (Phase III)
The goal of the program is to work toward and maintain an optimal level of fitness through medically supervised and monitored exercise training and education.
The program includes:
- Chair exercises
- Strength training
- Cardiovascular exercise
- Supervision by a cardiac nurse
- Summer 2008 Group Fitness Schedule
The award-winning* SilverSneakers® Fitness Program is a proven, results-oriented program that enables older adults, often burdened with chronic conditions, to take charge of their health and maintain an active, independent lifestyle.
SilverSneakers® offers an innovative blend of physical activity, healthy lifestyle and socially oriented programming that allows older adults to take greater control of their health. SilverSneakers® members receive:
- A free fitness center membership, access to conditioning classes, exercise equipment and other valuable amenities
- Access to any participating fitness center throughout the U.S. while traveling
- Customized SilverSneakers® classes designed exclusively for older adults who want to improve their strength, flexibility, balance and endurance
- Health education seminars and other events that promote the benefits of a healthy lifestyle
- A specially trained Senior Advisor at the fitness center to introduce you to SilverSneakers® and acquaint you with their site
*The SilverSneakers® Fitness Program is a winner of the 2004 HAN Award from the Healthcare and Aging Network of the American Society on Aging.
All SilverSneakers® member are required to obtain a medical release prior to participating in exercise. Please have your doctor fax your medical release to 602.285.7755, attention Allen Jackson.
If you are interested in enrolling in SilverSneakers® at Phoenix College, please bring your insurance card and go to the Phoenix College Fitness Center and ask to speak to an instructor.
SilverSneakers® memberships include full access to the Phoenix College Fitness Center, Group Exercises classes and locker rooms. Specialized SilverSneakers® classes are offered as well as classes in Gentle Yoga, Body Sculpt, Stretch/Pilates and much more!
If you have Health Net, Secure Horizons, Pacific Care, or AARP/Medicare Supplement Insurance you could be eligible.