Student Handbook, Student Rights & Responsibilities - Flyers
The Student Handbook is incorporated into the Phoenix College Catalog & Handbook, which is updated annually. There, you'll find information about student life, campus services, as well as college - MCCCD policies.
STUDENT RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Read the Student Conduct Code AR 2.5.2.
Posting of Flyers;
Petitioning & Soliciting on Campus
Several bulletin boards are available on campus for the posting of flyers and advertisements. All items must be approved and stamped in the Office of Student Life & Leadership, or they will be removed.
Student Life & Leadership staff will post the materials on designated boards for a period of up to 30 days. Below are guidelines for the number of copies we will accept for these purposes:
|Campus- or Club-Related||8 copies|
|Outside Source; Unrelated to Campus Events & Activities||8 copies|
MCCCD Administrative Regulation 2.4.8 Petition Signature Solicitation
...Governs access to college premises by representatives who wish to solicit signatures on petitions for the purpose of submission of a ballot proposition to voters for nominating of a candidate for elective office, in a city, county, or statewide election.
- Read complete college procedures in College Catalog Appendix S-14 or download the S-14 Form.
- Prior notice must be provided to the Director of Student Life and Leadership, or other appropriate college designee, no fewer than three (3) days before soliciting signatures.
- Read and sign acknowledgment of Phoenix College Procedure for Petition Signature Solicitation.
- Check in with approved legal ID, wear college identification badge during time on campus.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9 am to 2 pm. Time on campus must not exceed two days per month. Additional time may be requested.
College will designate an area/space and table and two chairs will be provided.
Representatives may not distribute or make available to students, employees, or college visitors any tangible item, except for informational literature about the proposed candidate or ballot initiative.
MCCCD Administrative Regulation 2.4.9 Use of College Grounds by Non-MCCCD-Affiliated Users
...Governs use of the college grounds, defined as the open areas and walkways of the campus by non-MCCCD-affiliated users. Use of college facilities is governed by a separate administrative regulation. Parking lots are not available for events and activities other than those sponsored and authorized by the College president.
The Office of Student Life & Leadership often receives requests from individuals and companies wishing to visit campus to:
- sell or advertise products
- register voters
- ask individuals to sign petitions
In order to visit campus for these activities, individuals must comply with Phoenix College and Maricopa Community College District policies and processes. Failure to comply with MCCCD policies and administrative regulations could result in the termination of solicitor privileges on any or all college campuses.
If you have questions about MCCCD policies or administrative regulations, contact the Office of Public Stewardship at 480-731-8880. The MCCCD is an EEO/AA institution.
A solicitor is any non-MCCCD affiliated entity that would, on the premises of any Maricopa Community College or Center, purport to sell or promote any product, service, or idea, but does not include such an entity that would enter the premises for the purposes of promoting, opposing, or soliciting petition signatures in connection with any political candidate or initiative, or referendum ballot.
- Download, Read & Complete the College Procedure for Solicitation Form. The information is also in Appendix S-15 of the College Catalog.
- Contact the PC Student Life & Leadership office to request a reservation.
- Complete a Facility Reservation OR Solicitation Request Form and submit it to the PC Student Life & Leadership Office.
- You may be required to supply a Proof of Insurance Certificate naming MCCCD as "additional insured." Contact Event Services for assistance and complete information.
- Pay your Campus Visit Fee of $50/day or $125/week at the Event Services Office.
Table & Chairs
One table and two chairs may be provided to each solicitor. Note that availability of college-provided table and chairs may vary by location/scheduled events.
Banners & Signage
Solicitors may place banners or signs on the table to encourage interest. Banners and signs may not be adhered to any surface.