Available Home Use Software
Phoenix College and the Maricopa Community College District have worked to provide some software free or discounted to students to use while they are enrolled with us. Below is information on this software so you can get it for your use.
Microsoft Office 365
Office 365 is the latest version of Microsoft’s productivity suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote and more. It is available for offline and online use to support your individual class learning. As long as you are an enrolled student at one of the Maricopa Community Colleges, you’ll be able to use this software at no charge.
Some of the amazing benefits of this partnership are:
- The ability for students to install on up to five compatible computers, plus five mobile devices (including an iPad)
- The use of OneDrive for automatic device syncing
- The use of the same programs as your instructors to ensure file compatibility
Grammarly® is an automated proofreader and personal grammar coach. This tool, available to students, faculty, and staff, can be used to improve writing skills as it instantly finds and offers corrections for over 400 types of grammatical mistakes. Grammarly® can also improve word choice with a vocabulary synonym tool and prevent plagiarism with its detection services and citation suggestions. Note: Grammarly® does not check the content of writing assignments. Learn more about the features of Grammarly at http://www.grammarly.com/.
Multilingual skills are a critical success factor in our global economy. Rosetta Stone’s interactive and award-winning software creates an intuitive and engaging environment for thinking and communicating in a new language.
PC students, faculty and staff will have access to the following:
- Language Training: Reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills are introduced in core lessons, then key skills, such as grammar and vocabulary, are refined in focused activities. Speech recognition technology evaluates the pronunciation of each word and sentence, providing immediate feedback.
- Games & Activities: Interactive games sharpen language skills, and stories provide students opportunities to read long passages aloud. Games & Activities reinforce language learned in Language Training and builds students' confidence.
- Rosetta Stone Language Training for Apple and Android: Students will be able to continue their language training via our mobile app. Progress made in this application syncs with progress in the program, and vice versa.
Microsoft Azure Dev Tools For Teaching (Microsoft software development tools)
Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching puts professional developer tools, software, and services in the hands of faculty and students with low-cost subscriptions from Microsoft. Students receive developer tools from Microsoft at no cost – everything needed to create apps, games and websites – so they can chase their dreams, create the next big breakthrough in technology, or get a head start on their career .
Formerly known as Microsoft Imagine, this subscription program has changed to Azure Dev Tools for Teaching. All current Imagine subscriptions have automatically transitioned to Azure Dev Tools for Teaching and have access to the same software tools they have enjoyed with Imagine.
Autodesk Software (AutoCAD)
Power your teams’ creativity with automation, collaboration, and machine-learning features of AutoCAD® software. Architects, engineers, and construction professionals use AutoCAD to:
- Design and annotate 2D geometry and 3D models with solids, surfaces, and mesh objects
- Automate tasks such as comparing drawings, counting objects, adding blocks, creating schedules, and more
- Create a customized workspace to maximize productivity with add-on apps and APIs
Discounted Education Software (OnTheHub)
The Maricopa OnTheHub provides students with discounted software from a variety of software selection including:
Minitab, Parallels, IBM SPSS, NortonLifeLock, Adobe, Acronis International, Clarivate Analytics, EViews, JMP, Mindjet, OriginLab, QSR International, Statistica, and Sticky Password.