Welcome to Testing Services!
We are excited to support the proctoring needs of you and your students and hope that you find the following information valuable. This service is offered to any student who misses a regular scheduled exam and/or has accommodations authorized by Disability Resources and Services. Due to limited resources, we are unable to support full class testing.
Essential Information for your Students
- Appointments are required for all faculty exams. Please direct your students to Testing Services to request an appointment or obtain additional information.
- Testing Services will send an appointment confirmation to your student's official MCCCD Email Account. Students should allow at least one business day to process their request. Requests received outside of business hours will be processed prior to 5pm on the following business day.
- Upon check-in, students must present a current, valid photo ID & a printed/digital copy of their appointment confirmation
Essential Information for Faculty
How do I submit directions for my exam?
Testing Services utilizes an online system that will allow you to submit exam directions, edit directions & track your student’s progress easily
- Navigate to: www.phoenixcollege.edu/exam
- Log in with your MEID & Password
- Select - Directions for New Test, View/Update Test or Completed Course Test Report
Submit Exam Directions (new exam):
- Select "Directions for New Test"
- When prompted confirm that this is a new exam.
- Completed all fields & submit the exam directions
- If your directions are assigned a Test ID (top of page) your exam submission was successful
- Upon submission you'll see a "Print Cover Sheet" link (right of the submit button). Print your coversheet; attach a cover sheet to each exam
- If your exam is entirely online, no additional steps are required
- You may deliver your exam in person, by inter-campus mail, or email - refer to detailed information below.
View/Update Test: Use this option if you are changing the directions for an exam you have already submitted; please do not edit directions for exams that has been completed
- Select View/Update Tests
- Leave all search boxes blank (you may limit your search but it is not recommended)
- Select the "All Tests" radio button and hit search, you'll see all of your exams for this semester
- Find the correct exam, and select it using the TestID link in the left column
- Make appropriate edits & submit your exam directions.
- Exams are administered according to the directions you submit; we are unable to accept any updates or changes provided by students. Faculty may edit exam directions at their convenience.
Track your students progress:
- Select Completed Course Test Report
- Leave all search fields blank, and hit search
- You'll see a complete list of students who have completed your exams this semester
- You will not see students who are currently taking your exam
How do I deliver my exam(s) to Testing Services?
- Exams may be delivered in person, by intercampus mail or email
To submit an exam via email:
- Submit exam directions online prior to sending exam via email
- Please allow at least one business day to process an exam that has been delivered via email.
- To minimize printing problems, please send exam(s) and resources (charts, graphs, etc.) in .pdf format whenever possible
- Testing Services will print up to 3 copies of an exam, more than 3 copies must be delivered
- To ensure we can match your exam to your directions, please use the naming convention below
- Name_course_section_test (Example: Smith_ENG102_#12345_Exam1)
- Testing Services will send you a confirmation email when we receive your exam
- Email exams to firstname.lastname@example.org
Retrieve your exam(s)
- Upon completion, Testing Services will store your exam(s) in a secure manner; you may pick them up at your convenience.
- Please bring a photo ID to pick up your exams.
- You may designate another Phoenix College employee to pick up your exams, please note this in the Additional Administering Instructions box if desired.
- TS is happy to return exams via intercampus mail, please note this in the Additional Administering Instructions box if desired.
- Due to space & staff limitations, TS is unable to collect homework or other classroom assignments/materials.
- Any student who is registered with the Disability Resources & Services Office and has received authorization for an ADA exam accommodation that includes a reader/scribe or specialized equipment should make their arrangements with the DRS Connect.
- Any student whose ADA exam accommodations is limited to additional time and/or reduced distraction room are served in Testing Services, students will need to include that information on their request for an appointment.
We appreciate your feedback
- If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions please let us know. Testing Services is located in the lower level of the Hannelly Center. You may reach us by phone 602.285.7844 or email at email@example.com