The Evolve Reach (HESI) Admission Assessment Exam (A2) is the Nursing program entrance exam. The HESI A2 is a computer-based test consisting of seven modules: Math Skills, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary & General Knowledge, Grammar, Learning Style, Personality Style, and Critical Thinking. The exam must be completed within 4 hours. The science exams in biology, chemistry, anatomy & physiology and physics will NOT be administered or used for admission to MCCCD Nursing Programs (If you need any of the science sections you will be charged an extra $25 fee and must request the extra section(s). Visit the Maricopa Nursing Programs for admissions requirements.
- All seven modules must be completed within a single four-hour testing session
- No breaks are allowed during the exam
- Current valid photo ID is required
- Personal calculators are not permitted. When allowed, a calculator will appear within the testing program
- Scratch paper and pencils will be provided
- Results are valid for two years
- Students may retest after a 60-day waiting period. Up to two retests are permitted within one year from the date of the first valid test
- $40 for students testing for the MCCCD Nursing program.
- $65 for students testing for an outside college. This includes an additional $25 Proctor test fee and ALL sections are available. Please make sure you know which sections are required for your school and mention that you are testing for an outside college or you may take the wrong exam.
- No refunds and costs are subject to change. Payment must be made in person the day of testing. Students must come to Testing Services first to verify eligibility before payment.
- An eight digit MCCCD student ID number is required for testing and payment all students regardless of which school students are applying to. If you do not have an MCCCD student ID number, please go to my.maricopa.edu and complete step one.
- You can find detailed information on preparation for the HESI A2 from this Elsevier Website
- Study Guide - HESI Admission Assessment Exam Review, 4th Edition - IBSN 9780323353786
- Study Guide (eBook) - HESI Admission Assessment Exam Review, 4th Edition - ISBN 9780323431101
- HESI Admission Assessment - Evolve Resources for Admissions Assessment Exam Review, 4th Edition - ISBN 9780323431323 (free with corresponding textbook)
- HESI A2 Workshop offered by Phoenix College, Learning Commons - registration is required. there are a limited number of scholarships available for the HESI A2 Workshop. You must be a Phoenix College student to qualify for the scholarship
- If you have failed the exam, Elsevier offers free remediation