Directions to the North Lot at the Coliseum - Farigrounds
From I-10 Westbound
1) Take Exit 143 C - 19th Avenue.
2) Make a right at the bottom of the ramp, going north, onto 19th Avenue. Proceed past McDowell Road.
3) At the intersection of 19th Ave. & Monte Vista Rd., make a right, where you'll enter through the Monte Vista Gate.
From I-10 Eastbound
1) Take Exit 142 - 27th Avenue.
2) Make a left at the bottom of the ramp, going north, onto 27th Avenue. You'll be heading towards Thomas Road.
3) When you reach Thomas Rd, make a right, going east. Continue to 19th Avenue.
4) At 19th Avenue, make a right, going south, until you reach the intersection of 19th Ave. & Monte Vista Rd. Make a left, where you'll enter through the Monte Vista Gate.
From I-17 Southbound
1) Take Exit 201 - Thomas Rd.
2) At the end of the ramp, make a left onto Thomas Rd, going east. Continue to 19th Avenue.
3) At 19th Avenue, make a right, going south, until you reach the intersection of 19th Ave. & Monte Vista Rd. Make a left, where you'll enter through the Monte Vista Gate.
Download the program in Adobe PDF format; or browse the book online, on the main Commencement Page.
For students walking in the ceremony: celebrate this important milestone as your friends and family watch from the audience. No tickets are required for guest admission, and there is no limit to the number of people you can invite.
Visit phoenixcollege.edu/live to stream the ceremony.
Cords & Stoles
Visit the Cap & Gown page for an overview of cords and stoles related to:
- Cultural & Veterans Stoles
- Distinction Cords, for students who've earned a 3.5 GPA
- Phi Theta Kappa Regalia
- Honors Program Regalia
Show your Phoenix College pride! Tag your commencement photos before uploading them to social media platforms, with the following hashtags:
Ceremony Participation is Optional
Graduates will receive their degree or certificate regardless of whether they choose to participate in the commencement ceremony.
That said, all graduating students must Apply for Graduation, regardless of whether they plan to take part in the ceremony.
Receiving Degree & Certificate Documents
To obtain your degree diploma, or certificate, you must first apply to graduate. The How to Apply for Graduation page breaks the process into 5 easy steps. Below is a list of facts related to your diploma or certificate:
- Your application to graduate will be fully processed within 8 - 10 weeks after final grades are posted.
- All financial obligations to Phoenix College, and all MCCCD entities, must be cleared before your degree/certificate, and official transcripts, are released.
- Degrees/certificates will be mailed to the official address you've placed on record. Verify the personal information on your student record is accurate.
- Commencement ceremony participants will receive their hardcover at the event, but the certificate or diploma will be mailed to you at a later date.
- If you don't participate in the commencement ceremony, you may purchase a hardcover for $5 by emailing email@example.com. Like those who do participate in the ceremony, you'll receive the diploma or certificate by mail, at a later date.
- Duplicate diplomas and certificates can be ordered in the future. Graduates in need of a duplicate should also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Convocation Ceremonies Celebrating Diversity,
Student Interests & Identities
MCCCD hosts convocation ceremonies that celebrate the achievements of students from diverse communities and student interest groups. The District invites all MCCCD graduates, their friends and families—as well as employees—to attend any of these springtime ceremonies.
Visit maricopa.edu/convocations for a list of the ceremonies, where you'll also be invited to RSVP for one, or more, of them.
Visit the Cap & Gown page for an overview of regalia related to these District convocation ceremonies.