Apply to be a Student Speaker!
If you would like to be a part of making Phoenix College history, apply to be the “Student Speaker” at the 2022 Phoenix College Commencement Ceremony!
To be considered for this honor, please submit the following:
- A one-page personal letter discussing why you should be selected to be the Student Speaker.
- A draft of your 3-minute speech (approximately 500-600 words). The purpose of the speech is to welcome the audience to the commencement ceremony.
- Include your personal contact information (email, telephone, etc.) as to how we may reach you.
* Submissions must be received by TBD via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Finalists will be contacted to schedule their audition time, in which they will present their speech to the Selection Committee.
Applications will be judged on the following criteria:
- Student must be graduating in May 2022 and be participating in the Commencement Ceremony on May 13, 2022.
- Content of speech.
- Organization of speech.
- Appropriateness for welcoming the audience to the commencement ceremony.
- Time limit (can be done in 3 minutes).
- Ability to appropriately represent the 2020 graduating class of Phoenix College.
- GPA Requirement 2.0
If you are selected as the “Student Speaker” for Commencement, you will be expected to rehearse (and revise if necessary) your speech with a faculty mentor from the Communication Department.