Celebrate the Accomplishments of Phoenix College's 101st Graduating Class
Apply for the honor of serving as the 2023 Commencement Student Speaker. Reflect upon your experiences, and convey a message that punctuates this year's theme: Championing Kindness, Resilience, and Determination. The ceremony will take place at 6 pm on May 12, 2023, at the Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
WHEN TO APPLY
Apply no later than Fri, April 7, 2023, through the online application form.
Interested students must possess the following qualifications:
- Good academic, and disciplinary, standing
- Minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA
- On track to graduate in May 2023; and, committed to participate in the spring commencement ceremony, 5/12/23
The following speech criteria will be used by the selection committee to judge applications:
- Content, and its connection to the graduation theme, Championing Kindness, Resilience, and Determination
- Length (must be able to deliver speech in around 3 minutes)
- Appropriateness for representing the Class of 2023
FINALISTS & STUDENT SPEAKER
Finalists will be contacted to schedule an audition time, when they'll present their speeches to the selection committee.
If you're selected as student speaker, you'll be expected to rehearse—and if necessary, revise—your speech with a faculty mentor from the communication department.