Wireless Network FAQ
Phoenix College currently offers two wireless networks available to all students, faculty, staff, and guests for their personal devices. These are the wireless networks available at Phoenix College:
- Maricopa: Open network; no encryption; intended for guest use
- Eduroam: Credentials from an eduroam participating institution required; encrypted; full access for Student/Staff use
If you have an MEID and password or other credentials from an eduroam participating institution, we recommend that you connect to Eduroam. If you are a guest on campus, you should connect to the Maricopa network.
Connecting to Eduroam Wi-Fi Network:
- Connect: Use the Wi-Fi settings on your device to connect to the “eduroam” network. Please refer to the user manual of your device if you are unsure how to do that.
- To connect to Eduroam, you will be prompted for a username and password. Use your MEID and password. Detailed instructions for connecting to Eduroam Secure can be found here: Getting Eduroam Connected
- Your Eduroam credentials should get you access at any of the Maricopa Community College campuses as well as any other participating educational institution (ASU, UArizona, NAU, etc.)
- You're in! Your device should be connected to the Internet
Connecting to Maricopa Wi-Fi Network:
- Connect: Use the Wi-Fi settings on your device to connect to the “maricopa” network. Please refer to the user manual of your device if you are unsure how to do that.
- You're in! Your device should be connected to the Internet.